Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Addiction Poem By David L.


My Addiction Poem By David L.

 
poem about recovery
 


Drinking and Drugging, was my lifes new high
I never thought so soon, that I would shed a tear and cry

The higher I got, the better I would feel
These moments of Drunkenness, were stronger than steel
 
The people I hung out with, to drink and to drug
It made me into, what you'd call a thug



I would steal, and beg, just to get high
My money was gone as soon as I got by
 
This never ending story, this story of me
I never understood how horrible this can be
 
I soon realized, that the high i sought for
Became my Additicion , that led my life from the core
 
These friends I called friends, were never there for me
There only concern, was to get high as can be
 
I needed the help, and I knew it was there
The help that I needed, the help that would care
 
For the many moments of using, I soon found the truth
I was drinking my parents, nasty vermouth
 
My parents did notice, the bottles were filled less
I felt the urge, that I needed to confess
 
Whether drugs or alcohol, whatever it was
I had to do something, to stop this cause
 
I went to my first meeting, of alcoholics anonymous
When the meeting was over, it couldn't have been more obvious
 
That my using, my addiction had brought me to an end
I knew it were meetings ,that I needed to attend
 
Even though I am sober, I must not forget
It would be worse and more horrible, than our national debt
 
The rehabs and hospitals, where I been so many times
The horrible things I did, would be considered crimes
 
I wake up everyday, feeling clean as I can be
No more headaches, and nausea, and the feeling of being free
 
Of alcohol and drugs, When I once used
My family my friends, whom all I've abused
 
I will always be an Addict, I'll always know that
If I don't go to the meetings, I will just fall flat
 
In a hospital or homeless, a situation where iv 'e been
I feel if I use, I'll be creating a sin
 
Waking up feeling sober, and clean as I can see
Shows me the way to a new life, the one that's for me
 
 
 
Thank You All For Reading This Poem
David L. ( Recovering Alcoholic/Addict)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave Recovery to Addiction Related Comments Only !

Thank You !

D L.