Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Begin Again - Poem From an Unknown Author

Begin Again - Poem From an Unknown Author



This poem came from an "Unknown Author" but I have to give credit to the website page I received this from: Here is that page:

http://www.spirited-lady-living.com/addictionrecoverypoems.html

Rehab



Hello There! I Am David L. (Recovering Alcoholic/Addict)
I found this poem on the above website and thought that it was a perfect poem for this Website "
Recovery From Alcohol Drugs"...

I don't know what it is about poems, especially poems about Recovery, Treatment, and anything to do with Addiction to any drug out there including alcohol in which many do not realize it is just as much of a drug as any out there!

Withdrawing from Alcohol can be a very serious problem and you can actually die if you do not get the proper Treatment. Please, as always, I am a recovering alcoholic and addict but alcohol was my primary drug that I used.

Believe me, in my 43 years of life, I have had some of the worst withdrawals from alcohol which required immediate medical care, including an ambulance to take me to the nearest hospital.

Never try to Detox on your own! Do not be afraid to go to a hospital. Trust me, they will help you and give you the proper medication that you need to Recover and Withdrawal safely !

And always remember, going to a Rehab is an awesome thing to do! I've been to 5 so far, but it took me 5 Rehabs to finally understand how important and precious my health and life was. My family, friends and loved ones!

Just NEVER be afraid to get into a Rehab!!!
It May be the Best Decision of Your Life!!!
 

Enjoy The Poem Below !   :)

Begin Again
 
One of the best things we can do in our lives is
Begin again
 
Begin to see yourself as you were when you were the happiest
 
Begin to remember what worked for you and what worked against you
 
Begin to try and re-capture the magic that is life
 
Begin to live a lifetime each day as you did when you were a child
 
Begin to forget your baggage, the problems that don't matter anymore, the tears that cried themselves away, and the worries that are going to wash away on the shore of tomorrow’s new beginning
 
Tomorrow tells us it will be here every new day of our lives
 
If we are wise, we will turn away from the problems of the past
 
And give the future and ourselves a chance to become the best of friends
 
Sometimes all it takes is a wish in the heart to let yourself
 
Begin again
 
- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave Recovery to Addiction Related Comments Only !

Thank You !

D L.