Thursday, January 22, 2099

My Recovery Poem - By David L.

Recovery Poem by Dave L.


"I Created This poem When I was in a Rehab.  I Would Like To Dedicate This Poem to All in Recovery and All Who Wish to Recover with Either Drugs,  Alcohol, or Any Other Addiction"



There's a time I remember, A time I had Fun
No stress and no worries, When I was Young
Many moments of joy, Hanging out by the Sea
Many moments of Freedom, Many places to Be

As I grew Older, Some friends that I Met
We all started Using, For that I Regret
As Time went by Quickly, I used & Drank More
I soon Realized, It's the Booze I Adore

Problems with Family
And friends all the Time
My pain and my suffering
These faults are all Mine
The fun I once Had
Seems so distant and Far
My reality of Life
Was a lost distant Star

My pride and my Ego, So shameful to Be
This life I Created, Just wasn't Me
Relapse and Rehabs, Were right in my Site
My future I Created, Did not look that Bright

My soul wanted Out, Like a cough from my Breath
Jails, Institutions, And then there is Death
I woke up one Day, To get the help that I Need
To start from the Beginning, Just like a Seed

To Grow more in Spirit, Have faith and i'll See
The true unseen Beauty, That lies inside Me
There's a time I Remember, A time I had Fun
I want that all Back, It has to be Done

With hard work and much Effort, The future I See
My reward for not Using, HAS NOW SET ME FREE ! ! !


7 comments:

  1. David L. here (creator of this poem) ...
    I hope you got some good points from this poem and I also hope that you understood it as well..

    anyway, thank you all for reading my poem..

    I plan on writing another one soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are great Dave! I admire you for what you have written. It is amazing how you were able to come up with expressing you thoughts in a wonderful masterpiece. I also salute the rehabilitation center which accommodated you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many addiction recovery centers are to get cure by addiction of drug,alcohol etc.Addiction Intervention

    ReplyDelete
  4. Main goal of addiction intervention center is to provide services that can help addicts, and their loved ones navigate their way through the process and ultimately get the help that they need for long-term addiction recovery.Florida Intervention Services

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem and meaningful and it is very good meaning,Addiction centers goal is to provide services that can help addicts, and their loved ones navigate their way through the process and ultimately get the help that they need for long-term addiction recovery.Family Intervention

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poem will be surely an inspiration for those who are in rehab and for those who are planning to be. Spending days in a drug treatment program teach us a lot of things that we might have saw carelessly before. It points out the things that made our situation worst. And will give us hope of a peaceful life ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgette!... I, myself, learned a lot while in treatment. I was in at least 5 treatment facilities and many hospitals and each and every time I always picked up something new I either disliked or did not understand about myself and why it is that I drink. thank you for sharing.... Dave L.

      Delete

Please leave Recovery to Addiction Related Comments Only !

Thank You !

D L.